If you are planning to sell your products online, consider Amazon. We know Amazon is the largest eCommerce business of the world. This portal offers easy ways to list and sell your products online. Amazon has millions of customers worldwide and you can reach out to them by listing your products on its site. The company has made things incredibly simple for all the sellers. You just need to list the products on the site and manage inventory; Amazon takes care of the rest. Wondering how to sell on Amazon? This guide will tell you everything you need to know to about selling on Amazon. Keep reading!
CREATE AN AMAZON ACCOUNT
First of all, you need to create an Amazon account. This account will be used for all the activities on the Amazon portal including buying and selling. You may need to register for Professional Seller account later, but that’s not always necessary. We will talk about it later in the article.
You don’t need to create a new Amazon account to start selling; you can use the existing one. But, if you don’t already have an account or want to keep selling account separate from your personal account, you can create a new one with a new email ID.
Visit Amazon.com (or Amazon portal for your country such as amazon.co.uk for the UK). You will see ‘Hello. Sign in’ text on the top bar on the right. Click the drop-down and then click ‘Sign in’ button.
Log in to the site with your email address and password, if you already have an account. Click ‘Create your Amazon account’ to create a new one.
Amazon offers you two ways to sell the products:
The individual mode is for those who wish to sell only a few items in a month. Anyone who has an Amazon account can use this option to start selling any product anytime. You simply need to list your products by uploading a picture and adding product details to get started. Amazon charges a fee per item sold. If the item doesn’t sell, there won’t be any fee.
Professional, as the name suggests, is the selling mode for those who wish to sell on Amazon in bulk. This is a good choice for the sellers who would rather have a complete store on Amazon than selling each item individually. You need to register for a seller account and provide bank and tax related information. You also need to pay a fixed monthly fee whether or not you make any sale.
Let’s take a look at each option one by one.
SELL AS AN INDIVIDUAL
This is an easy method to quickly list an item on Amazon. In this article, we will consider the example of Amazon.in portal. This portal is for India. The steps for other sites are pretty much the same.
Here are the easy steps to start selling as an Individual:
- Visit Amazon.in and Sign in with your email address and password
- Click ‘Your Orders’ dropdown under your name on the right (on the top bar)
- Click ‘Your Account’ on the dropdown
- Locate the section ‘Other Accounts’
- Click ‘Seller Accounts’ in this section
- This will take you to the ‘Sell as Individual’ page
- Click ‘Start Selling’
You are redirected to the product listing web page. Here you need to choose the product category and add the photo of the item. You also need to enter the Title of the product and its Price. You can choose any price you want to, but make sure you keep it competitive. Also, do not exceed the Maximum Retail Price if it is printed on the product.
Enter your email address, physical address from where Amazon will collect the product, and mobile number. That’s it! This is all you need to do to sell as an Individual.
You would like to know the process flow. This will make you more confident about selling on Amazon. In fact, the company has made it extremely easy to sell the product. You just need to list the item on the site and do nothing (literally) after that. Here is how it happens:
- You list the product on the Amazon site using the steps above
- The item is available on the Amazon site for purchase.
- Buyer buy your product online
- Amazon informs you about the sale and confirms the appointment for the doorstep pickup of the product
- Amazon picks the products and ships it to the customer
- You receive the money within 5 days (after deducting the Amazon fees) if the buyer accepts the products
- If the buyer returns the product, it is returned to you for no extra charge
- If there is a damage to the product for which buyer or Amazon is responsible, you receive full value of the product
SELL AS A PROFESSIONAL
If you are planning to sell in bulk, it would be wise to set up as a store as opposed to selling as an Individual. Professional seller registration is a bit more complicated as you need to follow a number of instructions and go through a series of verification steps.
Here is how you can do it (assuming you already have an Amazon account):
- Visit https://services.amazon.in/services/sell-on-amazon/benefits.html?
- Click Register Now
- Click ‘Sign in’ link under ‘Create your Amazon account’ button (if you don’t have an account, create one)
- Sign in with your email address and password
- Enter your legal name (as it appears on your Driving License, Bank Account, etc.)
- Check ‘Terms of Services’ checkbox
- Click ‘Next’
The next step is to verify your phone number. Enter your phone number and click ‘Send SMS’. Enter the verification code you receive on your mobile phone on the site.
You will now be redirected to the Seller Information page. Here you need to enter the Store Name, Primary Category in which you will sell on Amazon and your business address. Click ‘Continue’ after entering all the details.
Note: You can change the store name and primary category later. However, the business address should be the same as you provided during VAT registration.
On the subsequent pages, you will need to provide your business Tax Details and Bank account information where the money will be transferred.
You will also need to go through the Seller Interview before your store is set up. Once everything is complete, you will have access to your Dashboard.
Also Read: – How To Build a PC Sales On Reddit- A Quick Guide!
TOP BENEFITS OF SELLING ON AMAZON
Amazon is the eCommerce pioneer. This multinational organization makes millions of products available to the customers through thousands of sellers worldwide. The partnership serves the mutual interests of both Amazon and the sellers. Here are some of the top benefits of selling on Amazon:
- It is completely hassled free: If you were to set up your own online store, you will need to take care of end to end business management. From inventory management to shipping to managing returns, you will be responsible for everything. You will also need to spend a lot of time and money on promotion and marketing. With Amazon, you have access to an already popular platform. That’s not it though! Amazon makes the process hassle-free for you. All you need to do is list the products and Amazon will take care of the rest. They will pick the product from your address, pack it, and ship it to the customer. They will even manage the returns from the customers.
- Timely Payments: Amazon deducts a small fee from each sale and sends the payments to you in the timely fashion. Usually, the sellers receive their payments in 3-5 days. In the case of returns from the customer, Amazon delivers the product back to you for no extra cost.
- You can sell globally: You don’t necessarily have to sell in your country. Amazon allows you to sell the products globally as well. You can have your shop set up in more than 180 countries.
We hope this fact-filled guide on how to sell on Amazon is going to help you understand the basics of selling your products on Amazon. For more updates, keep signing back to our site.