There are add-ons for Kodi and then there are add-on repositories. The repo or repositories offer you access to almost all the add-ons you are looking for from one place. This means you don’t have to go looking out for add-ons individually. Once there was Genesis repo, which every Kodi user would install as the first thing.
Genesis had a good run as long as it lasted. But, for some reasons unknown, the developers withdrew the support and Genesis became defunct. Kodi users looked for alternatives but couldn’t find anything as good. The Genesis developers, however, are back and this time they have an even better performing repository called Exodus.
Exodus offers much better quality content as compared to its predecessor Genesis. It is lightweight and functions smoothly. Want to know how to install exodus on Kodi? Here is our guide for you.
Also Read : – Top 10 Awesome Kodi Skins To Use in 2017
Install Exodus on Jarvis (Kodi 16)
The process of installing an add-on on Kodi Jarvis involves adding a source to it. The source, as you may have guessed, is the media location from where Kodi gets all the required installation files for the particular add-on. Here are the steps to get Exodus on the Jarvis version of Kodi:
- Run Kodi application and select the option ‘System’ from the home screen
- On the next screen, select ‘File Manager’
- Now click ‘Add Source’ option on the left on the list
- This will pop a new window on which you can see the text box with the default entry as ‘<None>’. We need to replace this entry with the source location. Type the following link exactly in the field: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag. Now press ‘Done’ button on the right
- You also need to give your source a name in the Name field. Although you can choose any name you want, we recommend you to enter the name you can easily remember and relate with this add-on. You will need to click on this name later. We will choose the name ‘fusion’ here
- Now go back to the home screen of Kodi and select the option ‘System’ yet again
- Select ‘Add-ons’ on the left pane and then select ‘Install from zip file’ on the right
- This will bring up the list of all the sources you have added to Kodi. Here, we will select ‘fusion’, the name we chose earlier (or any other name you chose for this source).
- Now press ‘kodi-repos’ followed by ‘English’
- A .zip file must now appear on the screen which would be in the following format: repository.exodus-x.x.x.zip (x.x.x is the version of the add-on presently available). Click/tap this zip file and the installation will start. Once the installation has completed a notification ‘add-on enabled’ will appear on the bottom left of the screen.
- From the same screen, select the option ‘Install from repository’
- Now select ‘Exodus Repository’
- On the next screen select ‘Video add-ons’
- Now select ‘Exodus’
- When the ‘Install’ option appears, click on it
The installation will finally complete. You will be again able to see the notification on the bottom left.
This is how we can install exodus on the older version of Kodi. If you have the latest version, Kodi 17 or Krypton, the Exodus installation method is provided below. Keep reading.
Check It Out : – How To Guide for Installing Spinz TV Build on Kodi TV
Exodus on Kodi 17 or Krypton
Krypton is the latest Kodi version and offers several enhancements over its predecessors. It is not just the cosmetic changes we are talking about. Of course, the new version introduces a better looking and more functional interface. But, Krypton also is more stable and fixes many glitches associated with Jarvis. Thankfully, Exodus is still supported on this edition.
While for most part the installation process is similar to that of Jarvis, there are some small differences. This is why it only made sense to provide the Exodus set up steps separately. Here is how it goes:
- Launch Kodi on your device and then select the cog icon for Settings on the top left. It is nestled between power button on the left and search button on the right).
- Now click ‘File Manager’ from the list
- Select the option ‘Add source’ that you can see on the left sidebar.
- This will pop a new window on which you can see the text box with the default entry as ‘<None>’. We need to replace this entry with the source location. Type the following link exactly in the field: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag. Now press ‘OK’ button on the right
- You also need to give your source a name in the Name field. Although you can choose any name you want, we recommend you to enter the name you can easily remember and relate with this add-on. You will need to click on this name later. We will choose the name ‘fusion’ like in Jarvis. Press ‘OK’ again
- Return to the home screen of Kodi and then select ‘Add-ons’
- Press the icon labelled ‘Add-on browser’. You should be able to see it on upper left of the screen
- Select the option ‘Install from zip file’
- Select ‘fusion’ from the list (or the name you gave to the source in one of the previous steps)
- Tap the ‘Kodi-repos’ folder and then select ‘English’
- You will see the zip file on the next screen. Select the file that looks similar to ‘repository.exodus-x.x.x.zip’ (x.x.x is the number of the current version as mentioned above)
- Allow the installation to complete. Once it is done, ‘add-on enabled’ notification will appear on the upper right
- Now you need to choose ‘Install from repository’
- Click ‘Exodus Repository’
- Now choose ‘Video add-ons’ on the next screen
- In the end, click ‘Exodus’ and then select the option ‘Install’ (on the lower left)
Also Check :- How To Stream Kodi From Chromecast
Wait for a little while for the installation to finally complete. ‘Add-on enabled’ will appear again as notification on the bottom left. Exodus is now installed on your Kodi Krypton. Enjoy!