Final Cut Pro by Apple is a very popular video editor among the professionals and filmmakers. In fact, some of the top production houses of Hollywood use Final Cut Pro to edit the commercial movies. This editor is exclusive to Mac. But, you have no reason to consider yourself unlucky in case you use Windows OS. This is because we have rounded up some of the best editors for Windows that are just as good as Final Cut Pro. The video editors listed below are capable of delivering high-quality, professional looking videos.
Developed by Wondershare, Filmora is one of the best alternatives to Final Cut Pro. This video editor comes packed with a wide range of features suited for beginners as well as advanced video editors. It also supports a large number of video formats including full HD files. Using Filmora is incredibly easy, especially if you are performing basic video editing tasks, such as split, crop, rotate, merge etc. Filmora is also a very fast video editing program. If you have a PC with decent specs, it will carry out almost all the basic editing jobs in no time.
You can save the edited videos in various formats of your choice depending upon whether you wish to play it back on a media device, smartphone, or upload it on video portals. The social tools are integrated nicely to this editor as it allows you to quickly share the edited videos on Facebook, YouTube and other channels. Filmora is also more cost effective as compared to the other popular video editors. It is available for $49.99 one time purchase (no subscription).
Also Read :- Best Video Editing Apps for iPhone
Here are some of the top features of Filmora:
- A very clean and simple interface allowing ease of use and convenient navigation
- Offers nearly 100 transitions to be used between the video clips
- It is extremely easy to carry out the basic tasks such as cropping, trimming, merging, and more
- There are plenty of amazing effects available (nearly 300) to make your videos look more amazing. Effects include motion effects, overlays, filters and more.
- You can easily adjust the bit rate, frame rate and speed without any hassles
- The editor also lets you track the changes you have made so far
- Available on the latest Windows 10 as well
Adobe Premiere Pro is arguably the best video editors for Windows presently. Adobe is widely used across the world by the professional video editors. But, it is also a good tool for beginners as it includes all the basic features and presents them through a very easy to use interface.
Here are some of the salient features of Adobe Premiere Pro:
- It lets you edit multiple footages at a time. You will also notice that even with multiple footages the speed does not deteriorate provided your PC has high-end specs (yes it requires high-end specs but also delivers amazing results)
- There are hundreds of filters, overlays and video effects to apply to your video to make them look more stunning
- It has variety of advanced editing tools to create professional-grade videos
- While you would require a learning curve to get deft at using advanced tools, the basic features are easy to use even if you are a beginner. You can cut, crop, trip, merge, and adjust the clips with amazing ease.
- Colour grading is one of the most important aspects of video editing. Colour grading sets the mood of the scene. Adobe Premier Pro has advanced color grading features that let you add the desired warmth or coolness to the video.
- It has a relatively more advanced audio manager that lets you blend the audio tracks smoothly to the videos. It ensures that you get natural and high-quality sound with the videos.
Adobe Premier Pro subscription plans start at $49.99 per month.
Also Read :- How To Play YouTube Videos In The Background
This is another excellent alternative to Final Cut Pro. In fact, this editor is exclusive to Windows OS. Whether you are looking for linear or nonlinear editing, Vegas Pro will do it all for you. Vegas Pro started out as an audio editing tool but over the years evolved into an advanced video editor. It is a great choice for the beginners as it nicely packs all the basic features. However, many professional video editors use this tool too to create awesome looking videos.
Here is a quick snapshot of some of its most prominent features:
- It offers wide support for a number of formats including SD, HD, 2K, 4K and more. So, it means you can edit just about any type of video using Vegas Pro
- It also allows you to edit 3D videos; a feature not available in most of the basic video editors
- If you work on two different computers you can share the projects easily across the devices
- It offers plenty of advanced tools to create the professional-looking, creative videos, making it the right video editor for video production houses
- Offers high-quality audio management tools allowing you to easily sync the audio with the video
- It comes bundled with loads of video effects, overlays, motion effects, filters and color grading options
- It also has a large number of audio effects as well.
Sony Vegas Pro is available at a one-time price of $599.99 for lifetime use.
AVS Video Editor could easily be the preferred choice of the editors who are looking for something that is easy to use, but can also create professional-grade, high-quality videos on Windows. This video editor offers many incredible video editing features including tons of effects and filters, Blu-ray video support and more. It also lets you share your video creation directly on various social media platforms including Facebook, MySpace, Flick, and YouTube. It is also a pretty cost effective as you can buy it with AVS software suite for $59 (one-time fee). It supports a large number of input and output formats. Supports HD, allows easy single video tracks, offers non-destructive video editing, and lets you use dual audio tracks.
Lightworks is one of the rare professional video editors that offer wide cross-platform support. This top-grade video editor is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. This video editing tool is used extensively to create professional quality videos by various small to mid-sized production houses. Lightworks offers some really awesome video editing features and some are really best in the class. For instance, background Input and Output support is truly unmatchable.
It also allows editing of multiple footages simultaneously without any impact on the performance. You can add a number of effects in the real time to enhance the video quality and to make them more creative. It also supports just about all the Input and Output formats you can think of including HD.
The free version of Lightworks could be a good choice for the beginners who are looking for basic video editing features. However, if you want to explore the advanced options, you can buy the Lightworks Pro version.
As much as you would want to get Final Cut Pro on Windows, the truth is that it is not possible. Final Cut Pro has been designed exclusively for Mac OS and there are no workarounds to install it on any other platform. But, this is not the only video editor out there. There are plenty of others that are just as good as Final Cut Pro.