This detailed guide will show you how to download FaceTime for PC using Bluestacks so that you can make free calls to your friends via your computer or laptop. Facetime is a video calling app by Apple, letting users interact with friends and family via one-on-one calls. Powered by features that include quick-sync of contacts, review of past call, HD video calling, great widescreen aspect ration, and more, this app is indeed a keeper. The app can be downloaded on your Windows PC if you stay mindful of the following prerequisites. There’s a lot of reasons to love Apple and its much-envied innovative standards. And, FaceTime for PC is one of them. It’s Apple’s proprietary video messaging label, allowing both audio and video calls between iOS devices and MAC.
It isn’t just a favorite of iOS users, but also of those, coming from Android and Windows and covet its high-quality video chat feel. After all, FaceTime on your PC is squarely the best for what it does. That brings us to an important question – Is Facetime Available for Windows PCs? Let’s check that out.
- You must be having one of these Windows variants – Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- RAM must be 2GB with a CPU speed of 1GHz or more.
- Your device must have the webcam support.
- A workable internet connection with no speed/connectivity issues.
- You can run Facetime on Windows machine without any problem.
- It is not possible to run facetime on android phone but we have Google Hangout as it’s the best alternative.
- Audio calling is also possible using the feature FaceTime audio.
- Video and Audio Calling is absolutely free. It uses your device data to make calls.
Also Read: Facetime For Android (A complate Guide)
Can You have FaceTime on WithOut PC?
FaceTiming on PC isn’t a hot-off-the-press subject. A lot has already been said and written about it, and turns out, the grand question isn’t settled yet. Despite a sea of blogs suggesting methods to download FaceTime for PC, there’s nothing that seems to be working bang-on.
Owe it to the comfort and ease of working on a PC, people still can’t stop shuffling through one source to another for finding a feasible method of installing FaceTime on Windows PC, but every claim turns out to be a real letdown.
Here’s The Reality (Deal With It)
No, Windows users can’t have FaceTime for PC. And, you’ve Apple’s restrictive and closed system to blame for. The video chat app isn’t available for Windows and Android, and when it will be, is nobody’s guess either.
FaceTime debuted with iPhone 4 in 2010 and Steve Jobs, the then-Apple CEO, said:
“We are going to the standards bodies, starting tomorrow, and we are going to make FaceTime an open industry standard.”
Let’s uncomplicate this.
By FaceTime is an open industry standard, Late Mr. Jobs meant that anyone (read third-party developers) would be able to create FaceTime-compatible programs and services for others platforms, like Windows and Android.
Now cut to present, the entire discussion of making FaceTime a cross-platform standard turned out to be a mere lip-service. Years have passed, and Apple has maintained its deep silence on when FaceTime will actually be available for Windows and other platforms like Android. The wait is now becoming an indefinite one, it seems.
FaceTime continues to remain a service exclusive to Apple.
We recently got a mail from our user seeking help in installing FaceTime for PC. As we all know, Facetime is a very popular video messaging app for Apple products which comes for free of cost. But he wanted to download Facetime on his Windows 10 machine. So, we have written a complete guide on downloading FaceTime for Windows PC/7/8/xp/8.1/10.
How To Download Facetime for PC?
The only way to install facetime on a Windows computer is via Bluestacks. So, here are the steps to free download Facetime on Windows computer or laptop.
Step 1 – Download and Install Bluestacks from Here.
Step 2 – Download the APK file from here.
Step 3 – Double Click on it and Install it on your PC.
Step 4 – Follow the instruction and you should be able to install Facetime without any glitches.
Facetime is an amazing application. Everybody wants to grab this amazing app and run it on their own smartphones and laptops.
FaceTime For PC: Do Emulators like BlueStacks Really Works?
FaceTiming on PC would have been really amazing. But, talks of downloading it on a PC via BlueStacks or any other emulator are nothing more than a charade. Don’t allow yourself to fall easily into that trap.
Please understand that emulators, like BlueStacks and iPadian, are real duds when it comes to using FaceTime on Windows and there’s only a fraction of a chance of you succeeding at that. In fact, you’ll end up with an extremely slow and buggy system, because emulators are storage-hogging software and can really damage the health and longevity of your PC.
Also, there is no exe. file for the app to download on Windows.
So, the conclusion is – you can’t download FaceTime on Windows PC at the point of writing. Better, look for other video calling services available for Windows. We’ve covered a few in the next section. Take a look.
Video – FaceTime Installation Guide
How To Get Facetime For Windows?
Facetime for Windows is one of the many apps designed for video telephony. But is not just another app. Being owned by Apple Inc is sure to be a certificate of how amazing and promising this app is. But for the technology iconoclast, we know it can be hard to take an app at its face value. So, here is a list of the amazing features the app is here to offer you. One more thing we would like to clear is that you can also download Facetime for PC beta version but we don’t authenticate if it would work or not.
Getting Facetime app to play on Windows is just as easy. There have been attempts to fashion Facetime app into a PC compatible beta, and several developers online have tried making their own versions (though most of these are restricted to private online forums and meant to be tested by fellow developers, hence unavailable to the public at large). But you can score a few of these online, though with significant looking around. Check subs of Reddit you find related. Many of these versions can be found as Exe files compatible with Windows, or be made to run on Windows otherwise, using various emulator software.
Also Read – FaceTime Not Working on iPhone/iPad
Facetime for PC comes loaded with features. And they are not merely restricted to calling friends and being able to see them as they talk. Here’s what the features include:
- While on a call, you can navigate away from the app and access other apps and features of your device. And you can still watch your friend talk, at a corner of the screen where the app plays as a preview.
- Facetime gives you the liberty to pause a call or mute it, or stop video streaming, as per your convenience.
- For Apple users, an ongoing phone call can be effortlessly converted to a video call, without any big lags or interruptions.
- And perhaps the biggest bonus of this feature is the lightning speed where you can run the app seamlessly with other apps in the background and not have a single moment of delays, crashes or other problems.
Now that we have conveyed the awesomeness of the app, let us now tell you how to get it on your device.
Is there any Official Version of Facetime for PC?
No. The official version is available only for iOS. No well-known version of FaceTime exists for Android, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or even the latest Windows 10. There is no telling how much that has bothered the app’s fans. But there’s no tried and tested solution in sight. Looks like it is going to be this way since there have not been many reports on any versions of Android or Windows coming soon.
But even as you might not be able to use Facetime for Windows PC, there are other apps you may use. There are plenty of other apps from highly reputed companies, some of which might even be better than Facetime itself. Sounds impossible? Believe us, it is true!
20 June 2016: – Facetime is a native feature for IOS and now since you know how to get Facetime for PC free but you might be confused on how to use facetime on PC, isn’t it? But no need to worry. We are about to teach you how to use it in this section.
21 July 2017: – iOS 11 has new features in store, the most notable being for Facetime. If sources are to be believed, Facetime will support group video chats in iOS 11. There has been considerable excitement among fans since news trickled out.
How To Use Facetime on PC? Follow This Step By Step Procedure
As we have installed Facetime for PC using an Android emulator. The functioning of application is exactly like in Facetime for Android. Read the below step by step guide to do video calling from PC using this app.
Step 1: After installing the Android emulator on your PC, Download the.APK file given here. Then right click on the file and open it with Bluestacks to install the app on Bluestacks.
Step 2: By, now Facetime must have got installed on your emulator. Open the app and you will be asked for your E-mail address, fill it and signup to open the app.
Step 3: Now, you will be shown the list of contacts you have on your phone, to whom you can make a video call with the app.
Step 4: Select the friend with whom you want to do a video call, and you will be their email address, Click on the email address to start the video call. Or click on “send message” option to send a message to that contact for free of cost.
Step 5: To disconnect the call, simply tap anywhere on the screen which will show you disconnect call button ( its red color button with a symbol of the phone), Click on that button to disconnect the call.
TIP: While making the video call keep a check on the microphone icon. If by mistake your microphone is disabled, the button turns into red color. what’s disabled your partner won’t be able to hear your sound.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1. Is Facetime free on Wifi?
Ans: Facetime is always free, You are just needed to pay for your internet connection. if you are using this app over wifi, you are not going to pay directly for your video calls.
Q2. How to use facetime on iPad?
Ans: To use Facetime on your iPad you need to be on wifi. Even if you have 4G LTE on your iPad, you need to be connected to a wifi network to make calls with Facetime. And other things are same as in any other IOS device.
Q3. How to get facetime on iPhone 5 / Facetime missing from iPhone 5?
Ans: Facetime is not an App, You need to enable it from the settings of your iPhone. After this to call someone through face time, Find the contact you want to call on your address book and select video call.
Q4. How to add someone on Facetime?
Ans: All the people you have saved in the contacts app of your phone will be added shown in facetime application. So you need to save details of the person you want to add in the contacts app.
Bonus: Top Alternatives Of Facetime
Since there’s no way to do FaceTiming on your PC as of now, it’s time to shift your gears and look for other similar services on the offer.
Below, we’ve rounded up the best Facebook Alternatives for Windows to try out in 2018.
- Skype: A video chat service by Microsoft, Skype doesn’t fall for any introduction really. It’s a cross-platform application, working on macOS, Windows, Android, Linux, iOS and almost every platform you’ve in your mind. Download Skype for Windows
- Viber: Viber is incredibly popular as a simple and intuitive video calling app for over 500 million users worldwide. It’s a pretty great option to consider if you want to make international calls. Download Viber for Windows
- WeChat: WeChat provides video calling experience at its absolute best. Besides Windows, it has separate versions for Android and iOS as well, making it the best cross-platform app available. Viber has its strongest user base in China, so if you’re looking for connecting with someone there, don’t look beyond Viber. Download Viber for Windows
- WhatsApp: WhatsApp is ubiquitous. It’s everywhere. There’s no rivaling the app when it comes to popularity, utility and user base. It’s invincible to say the least. Among all the amazing things it can do, video calling is one. So, you can try that for connecting with those who matter. Download WhatsApp for Windows
- Google Hangouts: Google Hangouts is a widely popular video calling platform, known for its minimalistic interface and dozens of nice features. You can easily toggle between messaging to voice calling mode with a push of a button and vice-versa. This app is extremely recommended for professional purposes.
- Imo: imo offers HQ video calls and works on every given OS, be it Android, Windows or MAC. It’s capable of everything that a mainstream communication app can do. However, its real highlight is the encryption standard, which keeps your messages very well secured. Download imo for Windows
- Yahoo Messenger: Yahoo Messenger is one of the pioneers, and there’s absolutely nothing we dislike about the app as a video chatting platform. It allows you to make video chats with Windows and Mac OS users. Download Yahoo Messenger for Windows
- Facebook Messenger: Log in your Facebook ID, click on the Messenger option, and make video calls absolutely free to your friends, family, and other contacts. The company has dropped this service a few years ago, and also introduced Live Streaming, using which you can broadcast yourself to your friends in real-time.
So, you can download FaceTime for PC using Bluestacks and run it on your Windows laptop or computer. Unfortunately, Facetime is still not officially available for Windows but we can expect some good thing after the recent launch of iMessage for Windows.