GarageBand is an incredibly popular Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) app. Designed by Apple Inc, this app is exclusive to iOS and Mac OS devices. GarageBand allows you to easily create podcasts and music tracks right from the comfort of your living room. Apple exclusive products quickly become a craze in the market. But, GarageBand isn’t one of the most widely used DAW apps just because it is from Apple’s laboratory. It’s not a fad! It’s a real deal! Even with the help of android emulators, you can get GarageBand for Windows.
This app is loaded with tons of features that allow you to create top quality music for the variety of purposes. What is most amazing about this app is it offers a very smooth learning curve and even the beginners can use it to generate melodious tunes.
- There are built-in MIDI keyboards that let you create multiple musical tracks.
- It also has a decent collection of loops you could use in your creation.
- Then there is a wide range of instrumental effects to help make your composition even more amazing.
- So, if you want to show the world your musical prowess or simply become the cool DJ at the house party, GarageBand is the tool you would love to use. It depends on you where to use Garag Band for PC or Windows.
GarageBand is free to download and use but has some in-app purchases. Bluestacks can be used to get GarageBand for PC. For instance, there are only a few free loops. But, we think it is okay as your favorite loops are very reasonably priced. A music lover usually doesn’t mind spending a few dollars on the add-ons that have the capability to enhance the creation.
- Is there an official version of Garageband for PC?
- Why GarageBand for PC/Windows?
- Download GarageBand For PC Free
- Downloading Garageband For Windows – System Requirements
- Method 1: With the Help of Rare Software
- Method 2 – Using Android Emulator Bluestacks
- Alternatives And Equivalents For Garageband PC
- Resources For Reading
Is there an official version of Garageband for PC?
No, the app doesn’t have an official version. However, its official version is available for iPhone, iPad, and Mac as it’s an Apple product. But as always, geeks have found out ways to install Garageband for PC, Blackberry, Android and other devices easily. In this guide, we have talked about two such methods. We will install official Garageband Windows 10 and Garageband PC version.
Garageband is an amazing app. It’s like a budding music maker’s oxygen; you just can’t live without it. Garageband is amazing because it fits that chasm between amateur Softwares and professional ones. The app has everything you could ever want to add to your music, and more. And the simple interface ensures you neither get overwhelmed with the buttons on the screen nor find it hard to locate an option you need to access. It’s really easy to get Garage Band For Windows. Read on.
Why GarageBand for PC/Windows?
While it is true that there are many other free music composition tools for Windows, nothing really comes close in comparison to GarageBand. It is one of the best DAW tools to be created for computer and mobile platforms. For example, Windows has MixCraft for music composition. But, as a music lover, you would want nothing less than perfect. So, we are not surprised when you would come looking here for a way to get GarageBand for PC. It can run on any Windows version like GarageBand for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
In this article, we will learn how to install GarageBand on the Windows computer. We would like you to know that this app is officially not available for the Windows platform. But, such hindrances barely act as a deterrent for us. We have found some incredible workarounds that will make sure you get GarageBand up and running on your PC as quickly as possible. Just keep reading!
Also Read: – How To Use Free Garageband Loops
Download GarageBand For PC Free
In order to install this app on your computer, we have added two methods here but before that let’s discuss the system requirements to download this app on your PC.
Downloading Garageband For Windows – System Requirements
GarageBand isn’t a very resource intensive application. But, it does not function well on the old computers with low specs. If you want to run GarageBand on Windows PC then you should have this configuration. It makes sense as it is a modern app designed for modern devices. The good news is that most computers in use today meet the minimum system requirements for GarageBand. Here is a quick list of what you should have:
- Windows PC or laptop running Windows 7 or later version (yes it works on Windows 10 as well)
- A minimum RAM capacity of 2GB is recommended and 4GB is preferred
- Intel core processor with at least i3 chipset (i5 is preferred)
- At least 2 GB free space on hard drive
Method 1: With the Help of Rare Software
Rare Software is a unique downloader that lets you download and install some of the iOS and Mac apps on your Windows PC. While it may not necessarily work for all the apps, thankfully it works just fine for GarageBand. Windows offers an alternative called Mixcraft but honestly, it is nowhere as close as GarageBand app.
This downloader quickly installs GarageBand for Windows latest version on your PC as if you were using a Mac computer. It is an awesome tool and incredibly easy to use.
Method 2 – Using Android Emulator Bluestacks
BlueStacks is an Android emulator and it offers you full access to the vast Android ecosystem. Now, this may make you wonder how will I download GarageBand, which is an iOS app through an Android emulator? It is a valid question indeed. BlueStacks or you can use Youwave to get GarageBand for Windows.
BlueStacks does give you access to GarageBand at times. This method may not necessarily work but is sure worth a try. If you are lucky, you will quickly have this music composition app on your Windows in almost no time. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to BlueStacks.com and download the emulator installer
- Run the installer to install BlueStacks on Windows
- Now, launch the BlueStacks emulator
- If you are using it for the first time, sign into it with a Google ID. You can use an existing ID or create a new one.
- Once signed in, look for the Search button
- Type in GarageBand in it
- Click the GarageBand icon to install it on your PC
That’s it! You now have this incredible app working on your Windows. Please note that you have not downloaded a desktop application. This is why every time you wish to use GarageBand for PC you will need to launch BlueStacks emulator.
Here you go! You now have the Garageband Music Composer app, ready to be used. So these are the steps to install garage band PC.
Alternatives And Equivalents For Garageband PC
If you’ve been looking for other apps to try making music on, you’re in luck. Garageband for PC is good, but it isn’t irreplaceable. Here are some apps that gel particularly well with a lot of people’s music making needs.
- Mixcraft is a pretty cool app, that is available for Windows without the need on an intermediating emulator. The app has a lot more features than Garageband, though there could be a lot more added to it to make it easier to use. The app comes with a free trial, and the price is about $90.
- Audiotool takes music making one step further. The app is completely online, to be accessed only via the official website. Audiotool stores your data over the cloud so you can make music from any device you’re on, without having to bother about carrying your stuff in a hard disk or worse, carrying the heavy device and keeping it charged.
- Cubase and Ableton are great options you could try out as well.
Garageband for Windows is really efficient and pretty easy to get on your phone. But in case it doesn’t do the trick for you, there are different apps you can take recourse to. Be sure to try MixCraft and Audiotool in particular, to have an idea on just how great the app can be. So I hope now you can be able to get Garageband Download in you PC easily.
Garageband is not only for people who take music as their hobby or passion. The application is designed in such a way that professionals can also utilize its facilities to create new music, especially while recording in the studio or playing it in front of a huge audience.
No doubt, there are people who would love to learn music after trying their head on GarageBand, but unfortunately, the application does not deal with that. Moreover, people don’t need to be trained artist to play on Garageband, its smart technology, and extraordinary instrument collection allow you to play endless tunes.
Although the application is originally not available on platforms other than iOS, we have given you interesting ways to enjoy GarageBand on Windows PC. If you find this guide useful, consider sharing it with your circles. If there are any doubts, just let us know in comments.
Garageband is one such App from Apple which has seen a number of changes in its features over the period of time, once again Apple has some update for Garageband for iOS and the update is introduction of a new “Sound Library” that enable you to download/install latest virtual instruments such as sound and loops. To start with, it will feature eight new packs and instruments, the best part is they all come for free of cost. Apple has more plans to bring more such packs and offers in the future.
Want to compose a melodic music that melts down the ears of the audience like honey? Are you ready to pull those strings of tuneful delight? Do you want to get people tapping their feet on every drum strike? GarageBand makes the musician out of everyone. Without any doubt, it is one of the finest digital music composition tools ever to be created for the mobile and computer users. Thankfully, in spite of being an Apple-exclusive product, there are ways to get it on Windows. The methods we have laid out work fine on most computers. I hope now you can get GarageBand for Windows and run GarageBand on Windows PC.